2018 Department Fall Conference
September 21 - September 23$15
American Legion, Department of Michigan
Annual Fall Conference
September 21-23, 2018
Holiday Inn (reservation information below)
Department Commander Steve Striggow
Purpose: To implement plans for the new American Legion program year and to conduct the business of the American Legion, Department of Michigan. Department committees (who are called, see below) will meet to plan and discuss programs for the new year. The Department Executive Committee will meet to receive reports from the committee chairmen. Awards will be presented, and schools of instruction will be conducted on a variety of subjects.
The Department Executive Committee, Department Committees, and Chairmen listed below are officially called to participate in the fall conference. See program book for all specific locations.
Registrations • Registration fee is $15 for all members and guests.
Department Executive Committee meets Friday, September 21, at 4 p.m.
Department Committees meet Friday, September 21; meetings begin at 9 a.m. See schedule in the September Legionnaire or at www.michiganlegion.org (available soon)
- Boys State
- Children & Youth
- Education & Scholarship
- Internal Affairs
- National Security & Foreign Relations
- Permanent Time and Place
- Post Development
- Media & Communications
- Veteran Affairs & Rehabilitation
- Veteran Affairs Volunteer Services/Veteran Health Volunteer Services
- Veterans Employment & Education.
Schools of instruction will be conducted on Saturday, September 22. See the September MI Legionnaire and conference brochure for a list of classes.
Department Executive Committee will reconvene on Sunday, September 23, at 9 a.m.
Holiday Inn Reservation Information
Group rates will be valid: 3 days before and after the convention dates of September 20th, 21st, and 22, 2018
Rates: Single King Room (3 max per room): $99.99
Double Queen Room (5 max per room): $99.99
* Rates are subject to applicable sales and hotel taxes, currently 15%.
All reservations must be made on or before August 27 to receive group discount. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing hotel rate and availability.
* Hotel cannot guarantee that group rooms will be located near each other
* Check in times is 3:00pm; Check out time is 11:00am
* Reservations may be cancelled 24 hours in advance without penalty
* For direct reservations please call our front desk 231-722-0100 x3 and reference American Legion Conference