The American Legion is committed to serving members of the Coast Guard affected by the government shutdown. If you are a member of the U.S. Coast Guard and have children living in the home use the this form to apply for temporary financial assistance.
2019 Scholarships and Program Applications Now Available!
Do you know a high school student who needs money for college?
The American Legion, Department of Michigan offers several opportunities for high schools students to apply for and earn scholarships. For more information about the specific scholarship visit our scholarship page.
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship, Application opens November 15, 2018
- Youth Law Enforcement Cadet/Student Trooper - Application due by May 20, 2019
- Michigan Boys State Civic Leadership - Applications due by May 27, 2019
- High School Oratorical Contest - Registration closed
- Guy M. Wilson Scholarship, Award $500 - Registration closed
- William D. Brewer Scholarship, Award $500 - Registration closed
2019 Community Award Applications
Has member of your school, police or fire department done something amazing this year?
Let the American Legion recognize them, by nominating them for a department award and possibly a national award.
100 Year Anniversary Coins available